Georgia’s growing logistics, trucking and third party logistics (3PL) companies are making a big impact on the economy due to Georgia’s location, ports, highways and airports. Fortunately, the State of Georgia offers key tax credits to assist these companies with their growth and activities. These activities could qualify for the following Georgia tax credits:
- Job Tax Credits – If the company has locations in Opportunity Zones, Military Zones, or Tier 1/Lower 40 counties. There may be additional job tax credits if the company is involved with distribution, wholesale or manufacturing.
- Retraining Tax Credits – For training existing employees on new technologies that include new software, upgrades, additional modules, customized systems and business process changes.
The following areas offer great potential for Retraining Tax Credits:
- Enterprise management systems – order entry, billing, accounts receivable, and human resources such as Microsoft Dynamics, Sage software and SAP
- Warehouse management systems – order picking, replenishment, inventory management, and shipping, such as JDA software, Foxfire, and Ramp Systems
- Transportation management systems – booking, dispatch, and load management such as McCleod software, CarrierWeb, Profit Tools and Fleetmatics
- Hours of Service tracking and management systems such as Peoplenet
- On-board vehicle tracking, messaging, and log management systemssuch as Bigroad
- Fleet maintenance, tractor service systems and procedures such as Squarerigger
So find out what your logistics, trucking, and 3PL clients are planning next. Now is a great time to reach out to your existing or prospective clients in these industries to discuss tax credits!