- Low Income Housing Credit (credit type code 109) – Used for financing the development of affordable rental housing for low-income households in Georgia
- Historic Rehabilitation Credit (credit type code 121) – Rehabilitation of a certified structure or historic home in Georgia
- Film Tax Credit (credit type code 122) – Produce films in Georgia. Starting July 1, 2017, there will be a new post-production film tax credit.
- Land Conservation Credit (credit type code 124) – Federal conservation easement for land in Georgia.
- Film Tax Credit for A Qualified Interactive Entertainment Production Company (credit type code 133) – Produce video games in Georgia
The “credit type code” listed will help with your tax planning analysis of prospective and existing clients. First, see if the client’s business can generate tax credits on their own (i.e., they retrained employees, added jobs, or invested in capital equipment). After you help them get those tax credits for their business, then fill in the remaining tax liability gap with the sellable Georgia tax credits. Good luck!