- Tax Credit for Hiring Recipients of TANF payments (piggybacks off of Federal Work Opportunity Tax Credit WOTC).
- Quality Jobs Tax Credit offers up to $9,000 of Arizona income or premium tax credits spread over a three-year period for each net new quality job.
- Qualified Facility Tax Credit offers a refundable income tax credit equal eligible companies making a Capital Investment to establish or expand a Qualified Facilities.
- Research & Development Tax Credit provides an Arizona income tax credit for increased research and development activities conducted in this state.
- Other Incentives — Pollution Control Tax Credit, Renewable Energy Tax Credits, Quality Jobs Tax Credit, and several others.
Compared to Georgia, Arizona has:
- Slightly higher corporate and lower personal income tax rates
- Comparable combined state and local tax burden
- A slightly wider range of incentives
Often criticized for its hodge-podge assortment of tax credits, Arizona certainly offers potential, since you almost never know what activities your clients have that could generate $$ credits.
To summarize, Arizona is above average for business tax incentives, and in the wintertime, you can’t beat the weather!